How to Recognize Signs, Symbols and Messages
How can we recognize them?. Although they are a constant in our lives, sometimes they are overlooked like the old adage, “Can’t see the forest for the trees”. They can be obvious or subtle.
Our inner senses, inner knowings, or inner feelings help us perceive these communications from the Universe more readily if we practice awareness. An analogy would be that as I visit Mexico, although I don’t speak Spanish fluently, I recognize words that I put together with the speaker’s facial expressions, body language, and context to understand what is being said. While at other times, I don’t have a clue what is being said to me. If if take time to study or notice what words mean and even learn the syntax of Spanish, I understand even more.
Signs, Symbols, and Messages are the language of the Soul, a form of Universal language. They may be affirmed by direct experience at times as well. So, it is key for us to pay attention. If I have been praying for something. It is up to me to attend to my day-to-day experience, outer and inner, for signs.
To heighten awareness, have a desire to be aware of the signs, symbols and messages that are there for you. Now move that desire down into your heart center and breathe into it as intention. Open your heart to it and invite loving guidance to be with you.
Ways signs, symbols and messages might show up:
- a song that popped into your head, played on the radio, etc.
- an inner direct answer to your question
- an inner gentle voice telling your something
- an outer sign as a billboard, graffiti on the alternate walk you took, etc.
- animals and insects that show themselves
- feathers, coins, strings, and other objects
- a remark overheard
- a dream
- a passage in a book
- conversation with someone
- and a myriad of other ways
Of course, not everything is a is an important message. As you open yourself to receive and make an effort to develop awareness, you will recognize how a significant message reveals itself through your feeling and direct experience. Your intuition is the primary interpreter of a sign, symbol, or message because it is meant for you. I do have clients who occasionally come to me with a message that they cannot easily understand; some help may be needed at times. Sometimes the enigmatic message takes the form of a reoccurring dream or dreams that involve different people or places and yet have the same “flavor” or theme.
If you set the intention to be aware, receptive, and open you will understand more of your connection with all the Universe. Divine love and wisdom will guide you at your invitation.
Below I have listed some of my favorite books on synchronicity and meaningful coincidences.
May Divine Love and Wisdom guide you always.
- Coincidence is God’s Way of Remaining Anonymous, Reflections on Daytime Dramas and Divine Intervention, Gloria Loring
- The Power of Coincidence, How Life Shows Us What We Need to Know, David Richo
- Signs and Wonders, Finding Peace, Joy and Direction from Coincidences, Synchronicities, and Angel Murmurs – and Other Ways God Speaks, Albert Clayton Gaulden
- Coincidence or Destiny? Stories of Synchronicity that Illuminate Our Lives, Phil Cousineau