Hello Beautiful Soul,
Today I want to be your cheerleader because I know, if you are reading this, you have gone through ups and downs, major loses and triumphs. When you are feeling overwhelmed, have self-doubt, or are beating yourself up, here are 7 ways to remind yourself that you truly have “got this” and apply the Golden Rule to yourself.
- Remember: You were the sperm that got through to the egg, grew in your mother’s womb, and were born. What are the chances that you – with your totally unique DNA combinations – YOU were the one that made it?
- Have you ever had a cold or flu? Cut yourself or had an injury? Had other physical conditions or challenges? Yet, here you are today. You are resilient! Take a few moments to marvel.
- Think of 3 things to be grateful for this moment. Do you have food? Clothes on your back? Family? Friends? A place to lay your head at night? And lots of other blessings?
- Remember the Divine is your source and is for every other person. You cannot live life for another. Each of us has to make choices. Each of us has our own destiny. Be supportive and compassionate when it fits; do not take on the burdens of others. It does not help them or you.
- Did you finish elementary school? High school? GED? Learn a skill? Do you play an instrument? Are you tech savvy? Can you operate a cell phone? Take a few moments to think about how amazing it is that you learned how to walk or talk. There are so many things that you have learned and accomplished! And there will be many more.
- Take things one step at a time. That is how everything gets done. Whether there are many steps or few you can do it.
- Take care of your needs. You need rest. You need activity. You need food and water. There are many things that are good for you. You might be very busy, schedule a pause here and there. Take a few minutes, a vacation or a staycation. Travel shouldn’t be tied in with your self-esteem or worth. Do what you like to do . . . at least sometimes.
Flip the Golden Rule, it applies to how you do onto yourself as well as others. I hope these tips will be of help when you are daunted and remind you that, “You’ve Got This”.