How do I go about receiving spiritual guidance? How do I know if it is real or am I just making it up?
To put it simply, the best way to receive spiritual guidance is to ask for it. Like a prayer that requests something, we can request guidance from Holy Spirit. Your request is always heard.
There are different ways we receive guidance:
- a simple knowing
- images – seeing with the inner eye
- feelings and sensations
- hearing with the inner ear
- signs such as hearing discussion on the radio that is talking precisely about requested guidance
- seeing certain numbers over and over on license plates, addresses, etc.
- synchronicity, for example hearing a rarely played song on the radio that has a special meaning to you
- an overhead conversation
- a note from a friend
- a remark by a stranger
How can we distinguish between real guidance and fear-based ego talk? These are clear indicators of spiritual guidance – it is:
- never telling you to harm yourself or another
- a voice for love not fear
- clear and direct
- in a different tone than your own thinking
How to receive spiritual guidance:
- ask Spirit for guidance
- always ask that it be for your highest good
- be open to receive guidance
- notice what comes up
Prayer is one way to request spiritual guidance. You can request prayer 24/7 with Silent Unity, a non-denominational prayer organization that has been in continual prayer for over 127 years.
Fortunately, in times of stress or crisis we are often more receptive than ever to guidance!
Remember, you are simply Divine,
Reverend Marya OMalley