You can ask for “yes” or “no” guidance. You can ask for confirmation of a decision you are making. But what if you need more than that?
Often things aren’t black and white, no or yes. At those times we need more information than a simple yea or nay can provide.
The value of an answer really lies in the question that is asked.
When seeking spiritual guidance how you phrase a question makes all the difference. For example, poorly phrased questions like, “Why am I always making stupid mistakes?” cannot provide you with much clarity or guidance unless you receive guidance as follows: First of all, no one is “always” doing anything. Secondly, you are not stupid. And thirdly, those so called mistakes could be lessons and not mistakes.
Instead, ask for ways to do your best, improve something you do, or for help in making a decision that will be for your highest good. How you frame your question makes a difference.
- What can I tap into right now to give me the best result?
- What do I need to focus on today/this week/at this time in my life?
- What do I need to release?
- What are my strengths?
- How can I use my strengths for the best outcome?
- What are my weaknesses? How can I strengthen them?
- In what ways can this hurt be healed?
Be open to really listen for the answers.
- How can I be in a more loving relationship with my partner/child/family/friend?
- How can I parent my child for their greatest good?
- How can I best talk with _______ so that we reach greater understanding?
- How can I have greater compassion?
Questions About Forgiveness:
- How can I forgive myself?
- Who do I need to forgive?
- How can I forgive _____?
Questions When Considering Changes:
- What it will look like if I move to _______?
- What will it look like if I stay in my present home this year?
- What are the best ways to find a new place to live?
- How can I feel and experience Divine connection beyond just intellectually thinking it is possible?
You can ask these questions and have a talk with Spirit, your guides, angels…whoever you feel moved to address.
Think of it like a conversation. Have the conversation just as if you are sitting across from them over a coffee, in deep meditation at your personal altar, or walking alongside them on a white sandy beach…however you most connect. As with any relationship, you will develop a closer relationship with Universal Source and the channels of your guidance the more you put into the relationship.
Take care and may your Divine Spirit guide you today and always.